You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cannot print or export pictures #1
Kathryn Bywaters's picture
by Kathryn Bywaters
July 13, 2013 - 2:25am

When I try to print or export pictures, the message comes up: Versions with unavailable original images cannot be printed. One or more of the selected versions has an original which which is unavailable. You can print all available versions, cancel, or connect the required images and try again. I can then either click Cancel or Show Referenced Files. I clicked the latter and got the message: No Referenced Files. In the bottom right-hand corner of each picture is an arrow curving upwards next to a yellow triangle that has a ? in it.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 13, 2013 - 8:27am

You have some missing referenced files. Select the ones with the yellow triangle and choose File->Locate Referenced Files… In the resulting dialog you can show Aperture where the originals are located (assuming you know where they are). If you cannot find them, check your backups. (You do have backups, right?)

Thomas

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 13, 2013 - 11:24am

I agree with Thomas … your issues are because Aperture can no longer “see” or access the original image files, thus it can’t export or print the images because the application no longer has the source data to work with. It is looking for the images in the location where you pointed at the time of import to the Aperture database … bit something has occurred to indicate the files are either missing or moved that is outside the awareness of Aperture.

Often, these problems occur when we move files, folders … or rename files and/or folders outside of Aperture (this would include changing the name of the drive where the images are stored) … when we do this, Aperture has no way of following the trail to where the image currently currently reside.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 15, 2013 - 9:21am

Kathryn .. Do your thumbnails have a little yellow triangle in the lower right corner? That indicates Aperture cannot find the original file.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness