You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't import previous projects #1
Roman Gorchakov's picture
by Roman Gorchakov
November 5, 2010 - 8:18am

Hi! Sorry I'm not describing my problem in my own words, just copypasting another dude's post from here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12534343

[quote]

Hi there. I'm using both APerture 3 and 2.1.4. I'm trying to import some older projects from a few years ago, that I have archived on an external disk (NAS). Importing these projects back into Aperture doesn't work: the projects show up in the project list but they all hold 0 photos and show no images.

On importing, I get a message - in both version 3 and 2.1.4 - about updating the image technology:
Photos in the project will use Aperture's earlier imaging technology. These photos can be reprocessed to take advantage of Aperture's new adjustments and imaging technology by selecting the Reprocess Masters command in the Photos menu.

I have tried copying the projects onto my harddrive and import from there - to eliminate NAS problems - but this doesn't work either.

I have tried rebuilding the database and fixing permissions, no success.

Any clues on how to fix this? I really need to import those projects back into Aperture.

Thanks.

Willem, Netherlands

[end quote]

Did anyone encounter this? Thank you!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 5, 2010 - 10:13am

Roman,

Are the projects Managed (meaning all the master files are inside the project) or Referenced (meaning all the master files are outside the project, in another location)?

What version of Aperture do these projects come from?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?