You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't upgrade an aperture library #1
antonio alves's picture
by antonio alves
March 31, 2012 - 6:27pm

After upgrade to aperture 3.2.3 i got the message to upgrade my aperture library. i click upgrade and i recieve a error message -” your library can't be imported because it is from an out of date version of aperture”
I try everything i know but it seems that is not enough…
someone can send to me a link where i can go into a path to resolve this…
Many thank's in advance
Antonio

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 1, 2012 - 2:30am

Antonio,

That’s very odd. You were using this library before the upgrade to 3.2.3? What version did you upgrade from; 3.2.2 or something earlier?

Do you have more than one Library, and if so, do the others work?

Launch Aperture holding down the option key, and you’ll have the chance to locate others or create a new library. Make a new one, and assuming that creates and opens fine, then try to switch back to the old one.

Backup your library before proceeding…

Try holding down command-option on launch so you get the repair/rebuild options and try those. Here’s a FAQ on that topic.

If none of those work, try importing the old library into an empty new library; check this FAQ.

Let me know how that goes…

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

antonio alves's picture
by antonio alves
April 1, 2012 - 5:43pm

I try everything you say but with no results…
This is a procedure that is not the first time i made.
I made a copy for another disk.
I format the HD and install snow leopard.
I had aperture 3.1 , and i upgrade to 3.2.3…
Everything was ok. When i try to import the old library i got the error message…
…and that’s all..
thank’s

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 2, 2012 - 2:50am

Antonio,

You need to be a bit more descriptive for me to help you. You said “you tried everything with no results” but I don’t know what that means. Did you get the same error message? A crash? Were you able to create a new Library as I suggested, or did that fail, too?

Please answer or respond to each question/suggestion individually so I know how to help you.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

antonio alves's picture
by antonio alves
April 2, 2012 - 4:32am

i do everything you sugest and i got alwys the same answer…
First i try to open the old library and i got:
the selected library is from an older version of aperture and requires relunch to switch.
I relunch.
I got the message:
Your library needs to be upgraded to work with this version os aperture…….(….)
i select upgrade.
Them i gor the error message:
the library could not be imported because it is from an out of date version of Aperture 3. Please upgrade to the latest version of aperture 3 and try again.

my version is 3.2.3…
and i can’t go out of this circle…

p.s. my version of aperture is legal.
thank’s
antonio

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
April 2, 2012 - 4:40am

Just a wild, out of the box idea. Have you also tried repair disk permissions on the aperture library?

To open Disk Utility, from the Applications folder, open Utilities, and then double-click the Disk Utility icon.

In the column on the left, click your startup disk.

Click the First Aid tab, and then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 2, 2012 - 10:52am

Antonio,

In the original message I suggested running Aperture library repair, creating a new library, and also importing the old one into a new one. It doesn’t sound like you’ve tried any of those.

Please re-read my original message and let me know what you’ve been able to do.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?