You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Change placement of adjustments bricks, ie. move it higher up? #1
Klaus T's picture
by Klaus T
August 1, 2011 - 12:17am

Has anyone found a way to change the order of the adjustments bricks? I'd like “highlights and shadows” to be over Curves, since I use that more often.

I just haven't found a way to drag them around yet.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 11, 2011 - 11:20am

Folks,

The bricks are in the order to which they are processed. I talked about this briefly in one of the recent Live Trainings — basically the software applies the adjustments in the order in which they are in the list (and you can’t change that). If you have adjustments 1, 2 and 3, and you change 2, Aperture goes back to the source, starting with the raw file, and processes it all the way through the chain again, giving you your new result.

It doesn’t really matter to you, the user, except that this has been designed for the best possible quality result.

You can always hide an adjustment you don’t use, or collapse one you rarely use, and that is “sticky”, meaning it will be that way until you change it, even as you load new images.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Klaus T's picture
by Klaus T
August 11, 2011 - 4:53pm

Makes sense, Joseph. Now that you mention it, I think I remember you once said that in one of the live trainings.

I’ll try with the collapse/hide thing instead, see if there’s one I can do without :)

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 1, 2011 - 10:24am

The adjustments always appear in the same order they are in the adjustment popup menu. Don’t know of a way to change the order.

Thomas

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
August 1, 2011 - 10:45am

Can’t we make our own Adjustments preset by choosing the bricks in the order we want them and then saving it as a preset?

~Debbie

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 2, 2011 - 9:16am

A preset will only apply the adjustments. They will still appear in the same order.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness