You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ChronoSync #1
Andreas S's picture
by Andreas S
November 7, 2012 - 9:15pm

Hi,
When reading the Artikle in the Archiev of AE about 10 Tips for managing the Aperture Library there is a artikle about “verify your backups” - at the end of this artikle a user wrote about a problem when chronosync is working at the same time as aperture is running…he told that this may cause problems (files not copied,…)
do you now something about this issue!!??
Can i tell chronosync not to sync when aperture is running?

Greetings!

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
November 9, 2012 - 11:29pm

I would guess that its not safe to be backing up an Aperture library that Aperture has open. Time Machine used to have that problem, but I think Apple fixed that - or at least I’ve had no problems.

Maybe you could tell ChronoSync never to back up the Aperture Library and let Time Machine do that, or manually use an Aperture vault, or have a separate ChronoSync script you run manually after quitting Aperture?

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Stelios Makrinos's picture
by Stelios Makrinos
November 10, 2012 - 4:48am

Although I don’t use ChronoSync I do use Carbon Copy Cloner (which is very similar). I do my backups a bit differently. In only use TimeMachine to directly backup my computer (including Aperture library) to a connected hard drive. I then have CCC set up to run in the middle of the night and back up the tm backup on the drive to a network drive for added security.

Maybe you can do something similar?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?