You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Collage Plug-in for Aperture #1
Tom Carroll's picture
by Tom Carroll
November 27, 2011 - 12:45pm

Does anyone know of an elegant plug-in for Aperture to create user defined collages that can be exported to jpg files? The best software of which I am aware for generating collages is Pacasa of all things. Many thanks.

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
January 6, 2012 - 2:17pm

(seems that my earlier post vanished ?? so here i try to redo)
The light table can make some collages and nice things, just for deme i did a quickie: http://files.myopera.com/jkp1/albums/7089532/Page-01%20kopi.jpg
Limitations are a lot, but actually possible to use for good stuff.

Apple could easily make the Lighttable into a wysiwyg-editor for such things, fx. by….
- Make the light table sizable, meaning ability to choose specific format/size
- Ability to rotate photos
- Ability to adjust photo opacity/transparency
- Better control of “layers”, meaning to promote to top or to the back in the layers of photos
Simple changes which could do wonders for one-page layouts and add to aperture use - beside the book function.

Dan Donovan's picture
by Dan Donovan
January 4, 2012 - 9:41am

Joseph - can you do a training tutorial on the Light Table? For instance, I would like to create a 16x20 light table and then make a collage of images. Is this something the Light Table can handle well? Any other tips for the Light Table? Thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 29, 2011 - 9:21am

Tom,

Not a plug-in, but I recently bought TurboCollage which, for $3.99, is pretty sweet. It’s quirky but it does work well. I used it to make this collage at PhotoJoseph.com/halloween.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
November 29, 2011 - 10:16pm

You can do plenty of things in the light table inside aperture.

Tom Carroll's picture
by Tom Carroll
November 30, 2011 - 11:18am

Many thanks — I’ll have a look at it. Also, excellent tutorial this evening on color correction — I look forward to the next seance.

TC

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 5, 2012 - 8:23am

Dan,

Hmm… I never found the light table terribly useful. I’m sure some will disagree, but about the only time I use it is to figure out a layout (what works well with another image at what relative size), which is, in fact, what it was designed for. Using it to make a collage is really beyond the scope of what it can do.

Honestly… check out that TurboCollage app. I think it’s pretty sweet, and you can’t beat the price.

@PhotoJoseph

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
June 29, 2012 - 10:03am

That’s an awesome page you set up for event photography, Joseph! http://www.PhotoJoseph.com/halloween

Is that done via SmugMug?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 30, 2012 - 8:11pm

Chris,

Yep, that’s smugmug. And thanks!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Rob van's picture
by Rob van
October 31, 2013 - 4:30am

I have been using Posterino and like it. Works well with Aperture iPhoto/Library.

RvZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?