You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Color Import fixed in 3.3 ??!! #1
David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 12, 2012 - 7:51am

I just did a test and my new AP3.3 imported and exported an image with no change in color. Grant can you confirm this for me. Thanks

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
June 12, 2012 - 7:01pm

David,

YES, they have fixed the Export Version bug, which definitively altered colours. Very nasty bug.

NO, they have not fixed the incorrect profile being used for displaying AdobeRGB images (and perhaps other spaces … I can’t remember. I first reported this bug over a year ago.)

David … I don’t know what monitor you are using, but you will find it very hard to see this bug if you don’t have a wide-gamut monitor, capable of displaying the colours that Aperture is incorrectly mapping. They simply can’t be seen on an sRGB monitor.

As far as I can make out, AdobeRGB files are now being displayed in something very close to sRGB. Previously, it was what looked to me to be a 4-colour space.

I guess it’s time to post the bug-report AGAIN! Sigh.

(If you feel like taking part in the bug-report merry-go-round …
Aperture Menu / Provide Aperture Feedback. You can submit a bug-report from there.)

Grant

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 13, 2012 - 2:04am

Folks,

Since you lot seem to be the authority on this, please have the conversation here. Apple is watching and I can confirm that they made changes to address this bug, but if it isn’t actually completely fixed they will want to know (if they don’t already).

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 13, 2012 - 7:21am

Grant is there a way I can measure with an eyedropper the change. You are right my ACD is not that accurate as a Wide gamut display. However I did measure the test color green before importing it and once I was in the aperture viewer. Both RGB numbers were the same. And Then I exported that image from Aperture and stacked it on top of the original in PS and set the layer mode to Difference. There was “no Defrance” as the French say, (sorry couldn’t stop myself). Anyway would like to continue to explore this so keep me in the loop. Thanks for finding and helping resolve this so far.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 14, 2012 - 2:59am

All of my previously but poorly imported color tests are now back to normal thanks to the reprocessing of those images after the upgrade to A3.3.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness