You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Command + Delete doesn't delete - have done this a thousand times, but won't work now #1
bob william's picture
by bob william
August 29, 2014 - 3:33am

My method to review new images for the first round of deletions is to flag each one I wish to delete; when finished, I go to “Flagged images”, Select All, and then ‘Command/Delete’. It’s worked a thousand times before but not now ! I can still delete by ‘ile>Delete Original Image and All Versions’ but not by simply selecting and using the keyboard shortcut of Command/Delete. When I try that I get the beep warning signal. 

Nothing in Aperture Preferences addresses this and nothing in the various Aperture toolbar headings helps. The problem occurs both in full Browser view as well as in Split Viewer/Browser view.

Can anyone help ?

Thank you

Bob

Bob S.

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
August 29, 2014 - 1:22pm

Bob

It’s an odd way of working - why not press 9 to send them to the rejects pile?

However that doesn’t solve your problem, I know. Does Cmd-Delete work in other apps / finder? Have you tried a cold boot of the Mac and taken the batteries out of the keyboard to reset it?

d.

bob william's picture
by bob william
August 29, 2014 - 6:07pm

David 

Cmd + Delete does work in other apps and Finder.  I’m not sure what a “cold boot” requires.  You suggest taking batteries out of the keyboard to reset it but I’m not using an accessory keyboard, just the built in one on my MacBookAir.

Bob S.

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
August 29, 2014 - 6:32pm

Bob

Ah yes, my time in IT was thirty years ago. The phrase cold boot mean to power down and restart a computer. So just a restart then. 

Agreed you can’t take the battery out of a MAcBook keyboard.

So the next possibility is that your keyboard settings have been inadvertently customised. It is possible to remap Cmd-Delete to do something else (or nothing). If you select Aperture, Commands, you’ll see if a custom command set has been selected. If it has and that command set has customisations you want to keep then edit it and fix the Cmd-Delete. If you don’t want the custom commands select Commands, Default, English and it should reset the.

d.

bob william's picture
by bob william
August 29, 2014 - 11:11pm

David

You’re a genius ! even if “your time” was 30 years ago. The Restart didn’t do it but the Commands customization, with which I was only marginally familiar, worked like a charm. I’m now back in ‘deleting-heaven’ which is a place a photographer in the Canadian Rockies has to be if he has a trigger happy shutter finger but wishes to maintain some semblance of control over his Aperture Library.

Thank you again

Bob

Bob S.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness