You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Confidential Metadata #1
English Bay Chick's picture
by English Bay Chick
April 16, 2012 - 3:06am

Is there a way to attach confidential metadata to a photo such as name and contact info of the subject?
I take many candid/casual portraits and I often send the subject copies of the photo. I know that you said you can often find metadata related to pictures that you have found on the web. I would like to be able to keep the data with the photo for future reference but not have it available to others.

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
April 16, 2012 - 4:17pm

You can make as many ‘custom’ metadata fields as you like. These are only for use in Aperture and are not exported with your images.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 17, 2012 - 1:57am

gfsymon,

Interesting, I did not realize that these custom fields were not exported. I just tested this myself with two files, each with some common and some unique data, and each with a custom metadata field. I ensured that I was able to find each file using search terms that I new to be common and unique to each file, and then searched for data in the custom fields — and did in fact come up empty.

That’s good to know, thanks for sharing that. I’ll turn that into a tip and credit you for the find.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
April 17, 2012 - 6:23am

Not much of a find Joseph. It’s in the manual. :)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 17, 2012 - 8:27am

Dude I could populate this blog with things that are in the manual!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

English Bay Chick's picture
by English Bay Chick
April 17, 2012 - 9:41am

Thanks for such a rapid response. Much appreciated.

ps There’s a manual?!! Just kidding

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness