You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Convert tiff to jpg in aperture deleting the tiff #1
jochen's picture
by jochen
December 28, 2013 - 1:42pm

normally i work in jpg. after editing a file in nik i have a large tif file- is there a way to convert that to a jpg and delete the tif? or do i have to go the long way of exporting as a jpg and then import again?

thank you very much

Nana111's picture
by Nana111
January 9, 2014 - 4:38am

HI there

You said that  you want to convert tiff to jpg files.Then you can refer to this code:

/// Firstly, render TIFF document to get a REImage collection, or choose specific TIFF page to render BasePage TIFFDocument.GetPage(int pageIdx); BaseImage TIFFPage.toImage(); BaseImage TIFFPage.toImage(int width, int height); TIFFDocument(List<REImage> imagesource); /// Secondly, convert TIFFs to JPEG images using following TIFF conversion API void REImage.Convert(Stream s, ImageFormat format);

Or you can just add a tiff processing tool which supports to convert tiff or delete tiff files directly.Hope to help you.

Alex Sheridan's picture
by Alex Sheridan
February 22, 2014 - 2:51pm

I was wondering the same thing as Jochen.  I have no idea what Nana111 wrote.  I bet there is a much simpler way than writing an API?  Anybody?  

ACS

Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
February 22, 2014 - 7:51pm

I don’t think there is an easy “one click” solution. Unfortunately no plug-ins offer the option of saving as a jpg, which would be the most easy way to accomplish this. 

One way to accomplish what you want is to to export the TIFF as a JPG (chose the setting you want) and then re-import into your library. Make an export preset to the specs you want your JPEG to be and export into a folder in the desktop, drag that folder back to the project where the TIFFs are located, delete the TIFFs.

I am hoping that Apple either makes Aperture’s plugins obsolete with the new Aperture 4 or at least make a way that we could have non-destructive plug-ins.

Hope that helps

Rafael

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 22, 2014 - 10:50pm

It depends on which Nik plugin you are using. Some of them allow you to set the output of the plugin to JPEG (e.g. Nik HDR Efex Pro 2). Others only allow you to make adjustments to the TIFF output. Once you have your image open in a Nik plugin, click the settings button on the lower left corner of the window and check for the output settings available.

Thomas

Wizbit's picture
by Wizbit
February 24, 2014 - 12:50pm
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?