You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
converting old movies from iPhoto into Aperture #1
Joel Rothfeld's picture
by Joel Rothfeld
January 30, 2012 - 7:46am

I have used iPhoto for several years. Over the past year I began using Aperture given its ability to archive more, better photo editing etc. The problem is none of my photo videos open Aperture (I'm sure your aware of this incompatibility. Over the past 9 months I went from a sony digital to a Canon 7 D and currently all video files now import into Aperture. The problem is what to do with the 2 years of iPhoto events I have stored which contain many valuable videos compiled at events over the years. I was told I can convert the video format from the iPhoto to a usable format accepted in Aperture, but that would be a tremendous amount of work. I would like to totally leave iPhoto behind, But as it now stands I have continued to keep the iPhoto files i Have because I don't want to lose the videos of events past. Are there any simple fixes out there that would convert all my iPhoto videos into a recognizable format in Aperture.
thanks,
Joel Rothfeld

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 1, 2012 - 3:34am

Joel,

These movies that won’t open in Aperture… did you import them from iPhoto, or are these newly imported old movies?

If they came from an iPhoto import, try exporting the masters from Aperture, and reimporting them. Of course just try one to see what happens. If the movie can be read in Quicktime (i.e. opened from the Finder), then Aperture should read it as well.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness