You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Create new library from selected photos #1
Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
November 24, 2012 - 2:14am

This may be an easy question, but I have never done it before. I have a large number of photos that I have marked with a keyword, and I would like to create a new Aperture library with just those photos, but keep the same folder structure that they currently reside in. All of the other unmarked photos should not be included in this new library. The marked photos and unmarked photos are mixed in in many, many projects, so I can't export a project as a new library. Is this possible?

An alternative that I have considered is to copy the entire library, then delete the unmarked photos, then manually delete any empty projects, but I have to think there is a better way.

Thanks!

Tim

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
November 24, 2012 - 6:05am

Tim,

I believe you can use the search function to create a Smart Album using the keyword with which you marked your photos. Once that is created, you can then do: File > Export > Smart Album as New Library. You will be prompted for the name and location of the library. Once the export has completed (which could take a bit of time depending upon the number of photos), you can do: File > Switch to Library > Other/New. Select you new Library and open it. Your project structure should remain the same in this new library. Hope this helps.

Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
November 25, 2012 - 6:41am

Thank you! This worked perfectly.

Tim

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?