You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Creating an Auto Refreshing Slideshow #1
Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 15, 2014 - 6:55pm

Hi

I have read Thomas Boyd post on Creating an Auto Refreshing Slideshow from Eye-Fi Upload but it doesn’t quite work for me. Also Aperture Hot Folder application doesn’t appear to be working with Mavericks :-(

So I was hoping someone here may be able to help me out.

I will be shooting tethered into Aperture at a festival in a few months time and would like to have a slide show displayed on a 2nd  second screen of all the shots I will be taking through the day. The major problem as I think I see it is I can’t get it to auto refresh. And as Joseph said Aperture can’t do this yet.

What I have found out and can do is use the Desktop & Screen saver in System preferences. On the second screen I believe it can only be different from main screen on the Desktop photo and not the screen saver. With that said I can point it to a specific folder have it change a minimum of every 5 seconds and in random order. BUT I can’t make it refresh!! If I could work out this my problem would be solved. I have also looked in Automator but need to do some more investigation.

Hopefully someone can solve this for me or suggest another option to get the same result.

Joe's picture
by Joe
April 19, 2014 - 5:31pm

Hi, 

I have never try this … but in place of mapping it to a folder, have u try to point to a smart album? You create a smart album in aperture mapping your even and then it should get displayed.

Good luck,

J.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 20, 2014 - 11:19am

Thanks for your reply Joe. Photos get displayed but any new ones do no get refreshed without closing and then re opening system pref again

Joe's picture
by Joe
April 22, 2014 - 3:05pm

mmm… was not expecting that. I have done a test and I am getting the same.

Have you try to explore specific apps like this one?

http://www.egads.com.au/myphotoframe/

I don’t have it but based on the description it seems to make the deal for what you have to do and price is quiet reasonable: 2GBP.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 23, 2014 - 11:15pm

This app seems like its just what I,m after thanks

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
April 24, 2014 - 1:13am

Not sure if you’ve sorted this or not, but maybe try setting Aperture’s Preview preferences to Share XML with other applications - Always.

Here’s an explanation of what that does: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5932

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness