4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DAM from Affinity #1
Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
October 16, 2015 - 5:31am

I think this is exciting news: 

See this forum reply from one of the Affinity team: 

https://affinity.serif.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13981-digital-asset-ma…

Lets see what they can come up with!

RFP

Notso Bad's picture
by Notso Bad
October 18, 2015 - 5:37pm

This is hopeful. I have avoided joining the perpetual payment model of adobe so far. As a nonprofessional, I don’t want to have unlimited spending. Photoshop CS5 does more than I need. So now I have spent on one1 photo, affinity photo and like them both. Affinity seems to do most of what I could do on photoshop. The only time I needed photoshop lately was when I couldn’t get Affinity to cut and paste from a PDF file. 

I am ready to migrate out of Aperture, as this program is glacial on my Mac Air, but does work on the iMac(retina 27 i5) but it crashes quite often. I may move my small library to Photos and test it out, but I am not ready to do so on my main one.

My issue now is that I don’t want to plunge in and throw yet even more money on these new apps (MacPhun for ex) when I only need a decent organizer, and editor that I can rely on being around after I take the time to learn it. As of last week I was resigned to give up and put in for Adobe. Especially since on1 keeps upgrading and charging for it; adobe may end up being cheaper over the course of a few years. So I will wait a few more months. At least with Adobe, I can bail after a year if there is a great alternative to lightroom CC, or suffering with Aperture…

jollyllama's picture
by jollyllama
October 21, 2015 - 11:19pm

No doubt this is exciting. My question is whether they can include integration into iCloud as a third party, or whether Apple restricts that to it’s own applications. I use that functionality a lot through Aperture (specifically shared photo streams) and that’s one of the biggest things keeping me from switching to Lr.

Colin's picture
by Colin
November 22, 2015 - 1:44pm

But you are not tied to iCloud, and especially so for photography; FLICKR’s free offering is excellent and there are other cloud services available.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness