You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Delete and moving photos from one Album to another #1
wveeser's picture
by wveeser
June 14, 2016 - 7:43pm

I am new to photos and was a expert in aperture.  I was looking at Josephs training on photos and he talks about looking at trash from File menu “show recently deleted”.  This choice does not show up in File menu for me.. How do i get to deleted files?  I had just deleted two albums i had imported of about 200 pictures.  so where did they go?

Second question when I moved some photos from one album to another, the moved files showed up in both albums…  not what i wanted.  In Aperture if you moved some photos from one project to another the photos would no longer reside in the first project but only in second. How do I do that in “Photos”

wrv

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 10, 2016 - 8:48pm

Hey there… if you're deleting albums, the album itself won't show up in the recently deleted. Only photos will show up there. And if you delete an album that does NOT delete the photos themselves. To do that you have to explicitly delete the photos from within the album, and be sure you choose “Delete” and not “remove from album”.

As far as moving to a new album and removing them from the existing one… that appears to require two steps (drag, then delete). Usually holding the option key would toggle between move and copy, but in this case it does not. Bummer.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness