You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Determining if Photos are in Library or Elsewhere & Starting Fresh #1
Nolan Haims's picture
by Nolan Haims
February 3, 2013 - 1:50am

I dove into Aperture a few years ago without a full understanding of how the program works. Now that I'd like to get serious about managing a large accumulated collection of photos, I'm confused as to where all my photos actually live and would like to “start fresh.”

Initially I converted an iPhoto database, then as I imported over the years, I may have alternately imported into my Aperture Library and left photos in place—various places. Every so often, I try to edit a photo and discover that the original can't be found—although I'm sure it's somewhere on my computer.

Is there a way to batch collect all images into a new library and determine all the images that are missing so I can track them down? Kind of like a “missing links” operation in InDesign where it's clear where all the problems are that need to be fixed.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 5, 2013 - 11:54pm

You can create a filter in the browser to search for all offline images. Once you’ve filtered them, then run the File->Locate Referenced Files… command.

In the library pane, select the Photos icon near the top which will show all photos in the browser. Then click the filter button (upper right corner of browser). Enable “File Status” in the filter or add it to the filter with the “Add Rule” pop-up menu. Set the File Status filter to “offline”. You can turn this into a smart album if you wish.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?