You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Display settings, dual display or projector #1
Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
June 1, 2011 - 5:12am

Running aperture on my mbp i often have the need to run Aperture in dual display mode, meaning the second display (full screen viewer) shown on projector/big screen.
I often travel around, using different viewers/projectors. Both for photo-exhibitions, but also as “keynote-tool” for other things than photos
But resolution, aspect ratio etc goes wrong. Seems that Aperture is not capable to get ther right “connection” when connection to external display is done on the run.
Seems that its nessesary to reboot to get right screen. Any other way to correctly connect a running mbp/aperture to extern screen to not mess up mbp screen/external screen size/resolution/aspect ratio…without reboot ? Simply too time consun´ming to reboot, testing, reboot testing…
And finally, i dont want to get trapped in the “half photo view syndrome” …

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 1, 2011 - 6:25am

K P,

This shouldn’t be a problem if Aperture isn’t running when the displays are connected/disconnected. I know it’s not ideal, but it’s faster than rebooting.

If you do get stuck, you should be able to quit Aperture, change the screen resolution (to anything) and then back again, and re-launch Aperture.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
June 1, 2011 - 7:04am

So, connect display, adjust size/resolution, start aperture and it should work ?
I´m “sure” i have tried that, but i might have to test again.
Thanks.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness