You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Double Exposure RAW Files Over-processed #1
Steve Berte's picture
by Steve Berte
September 18, 2013 - 10:02am

I have an Olympus OMD-EM5. I'm shooting double exposures and when I import the RAW files into Aperture, once the Aperture preview is generated the picture becomes horribly over processed. Saturation seems maxed out on things like leaves, but also colors shift: a pale blue flower turns deep purple. I tried shooting RAW + JPEGs and the JPEGs of course look fine in Aperture as they do in camera.
Anyone else working with double exposures seeing the same problem with their RAW files? Any ideas and what is happening?
Thanks, Steve

Steve

azartguy's picture
by azartguy
November 19, 2013 - 6:32am

I’ve been fighting this for quite a while, in both Aperture 3 and now in the upgrade to 3.5.1.

It seems to be a unique Olympus-Aperture problem. Originally it was happening occasionally with single RAW files, but the upgrade solved that. But now it’s afflicting the OM-D double exposure. I end up with one RAW file and one combined JPEG, but the second RAW file has a pronounced magenta shift that seems baked in. The file is ruined. The work-around is to open them in either Olympus Viewer or Camera RAW, save them to the desktop as PSD files and then drag them into an Aperture project. In the meantime, I’ve heard back from Apple and will be sending this guy files, and you might want to contact him as well:  

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM, <aperturefeedback@group.apple.com> wrote:

Hello Brian,

My name is Chris and I work with the Aperture team at Apple. I am writing in regard to your post to the Aperture Feedback page concerning corrupt images.

If you are willing, we would like to gather some information from you to see if we are able to reproduce the issue.

Would you please provide some sample images for us to review internally? Ideally, it would be great to get a sample project/library which contains the images having issues.

We appreciate your assistance with this issue. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
Apple

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness