You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Duplicate FOLDER structure #1
Sherwood's picture
by Sherwood
December 15, 2013 - 7:08pm

This seems like it should be easy to do with an applescript, but to date I’ve not found such a script.

My primary preference for folder/project structure is to have a Year folder, then a project for each month, with special projects done as smart folders based on year and tags.

At a minimum I’d like to copy the folder, project names,  into a new folder.  As far as I can tell, folders are the only nestable objects. 

Aperture 3.2.4 Snow Leopard.

Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
December 16, 2013 - 7:22am

Hi Sherweeod,

I use a similar organization, except that I have a folder for each month and inside projects with each photoshoot/event/trip, etc.

Aperture allows you do duplicate PROJECT structure but not folder, well, there is a little trick there, here is how I do it:

1 - Create a blank “dummy” project.

2  - Inside, create the folders and projects the way you want

3 - Now right click on your dummy project and click “duplicate project structure”.

4 - Now you just have to rename your new folder inside that duplicated project and move it to where you want it to be. Keep doing the same every time you need another structure like that.

I hope that helps

Rafael

I will submit a tip with screen caps.

Sherwood's picture
by Sherwood
December 16, 2013 - 3:17pm

I’m missing something here:  I can create a folder inside a project, but I can’t create a project inside that folder. 

I’m using Aperture 3.2.4, which is the latest version supported by Snow Leopard.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
December 18, 2013 - 4:41pm

You cannot have project inside of projects.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?