You are here

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Easily creating a signature in Aperture #1
James Stevens's picture
by James Stevens
March 1, 2011 - 12:37pm

For over a year I have used a plug-in called Border FX to add my signature to my photos. It is an awkward, time-consuming process and often changes the dimensions of the photo. Does anyone know of an easy-to-use plug-in or process to add a short signature to a photo in Aperture?

James Stevens's picture
by James Stevens
March 5, 2011 - 5:14am

Thanks to Chris I did finally get a logo with my name on it to appear on all exported photos. I accidently created a PNG file, which worked, however the logo was too small. Can anyone help me remember how to make a PNG with a large enough logo to look right on the photo. Obviously, I am no computer wizard. Thanks JIM

James Stevens's picture
by James Stevens
March 5, 2011 - 5:16am

I used Word for Mac and WordArt the last time. Just can’t remember exactly how I did it.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 5, 2011 - 5:23am

James,

By now you’ve probably seen the two-part post on creating watermarks I released over the last few days. That should answer all your questions! Here’s Part 1 and Part 2!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 1, 2011 - 1:40pm

James,

Could you do it as a watermark?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

James Stevens's picture
by James Stevens
March 1, 2011 - 9:26pm

Joseph,

I actually downloaded a little watermark app, but I can’t figure that thing out. I’m envious of my PhotoShop friends who say it’s very routine for them. Hoping Apple adds something like that to Aperture 4. Jim

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
March 2, 2011 - 1:12am

Aperture has the in built ability to watermark images on export.

go to preferences, export, email photo export preset, clcik to expand the drop down selection and then select the bottom option of edit.

Then add a preset in there, you will see on the lower right hand side of the image export window the show watermark option. Ensure your watermark is in a png format and that will retain the transparent background of your signature.

Now when you go to file and export you can select your preset which has been armed with a watermark.

This is one that I exported out of aperture with my logo on it, it could have simply been my signature.

example

chris

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 2, 2011 - 1:14am

James,

What Chris said ;-)

Sounds like a good tip to write, actually…

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

Kathryn W.'s picture
by Kathryn W.
March 2, 2011 - 12:54pm

I’m curious to know how to create a watermark in the first place. That’s not something you do within Aperture right? Everything I’ve ever seen points back to Photoshop, but that’s way out of my price range, especially for just creating a watermark.

Kathryn

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 2, 2011 - 1:06pm

Kathryn,

I’m working on a tip right now to go through this, and spent the last couple of hours looking for a free solution. Good news… we’ve got one ;-)

I’ll have this up sometime tomorrow!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

MikeLouis's picture
by MikeLouis
August 25, 2015 - 4:07am

Adding a short signature to a photo in Aperture? Though I like Aperture for its better than other app,  but I don’t think Apple take these watermark functions seriously. For fast adding photo watermark, I normally use photo watermark as it supports fast batch watermark. Oh, it’s a windows PC software.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?