You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Easy way to export PSD-files as JPG in to same stack? #1
Anders's picture
by Anders
November 6, 2011 - 8:03pm

How do I resolve the following easier:
I have a version in PSD format and want to have a jpg format version put into a stack together with the PSD version.

Today I do it this way:
I export the PSD version as a JPG to a location and then import the JPG back into Aperture - find the new version in jpg and the original in PSD and do the stacking so they are bundled.
It seems very cumbersome (ie. the manually import step) - there must be an easier way so I can make a JPG version of the PSD file directly and the stack it with the psd file?

BR
Anders

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 7, 2011 - 8:31am

Anders,

I’m not quite sure why you would want to do this, but my place is not to ask why ;-)

As for how, the best way would be to use the script Convert Master File Format. This will create a JPG and reimport it automatically. It will also mark the originals as rejected, as the purpose of this script is to reclaim space, but you should be able to easily modify the script and disable the rejection step.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
November 7, 2011 - 8:34am

Joseph created an Applescript that almost does exactly what you want. The difference being the script marks the master file as rejected (which normally hides it from view) because it assumes you want to only keep the JPEG. To use this script you’d need to make Aperture show all files and unmark the masters as Rejected.

Click the Store link above then click Aperture Applescripts and the first one is the one to look at called “Convert Master File Format”.

Update: Joseph beats me to it. Seems we were typing the answer at the same time.

Thomas

Anders's picture
by Anders
November 7, 2011 - 5:07pm

Thank to you both for consistent answers :-)
The reason “why” is: when I edit images in “OnOne Photo Suite 6” they can only be saved in PSD format. When I want those moved in the Photostream they must be converted to JPG. And then it is nice to have the PSD and JPG versions kept together in one stack (unless there are easier methods regarding PSD-format going in to Photostream?)

I’ll try your recommendations with Applescript as soon as possible.

Thank you!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 8, 2011 - 3:54am

Anders,

aha, good reason. Seems to me something that should happen automatically (non-compatible file types should just upload a JPG to Photo Stream).

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?