by Gary with a big Mac
December 16, 2013 - 5:31am

Hi Guys,

Just had a request to produce some family images from 2012

Imported them into aperture

did a little cropping and exposure

and did a vignette,  with Colour Efex Pro

view all images is OK

double click the image I get a white screen?

Press f and go full screen, all good but if I don’t go full screen and just double click the image it goes white with no image?

Any Ideas?

I have a photographic memory but never got it developed

Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
December 16, 2013 - 7:45am
Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
December 16, 2013 - 3:27pm

The work-around does not always work, nor does repairing your library.  I’ve tried both.  The post-processed picture is still there.  I had to close out and relaunch Aperture in order to get to it. There is a problem with Aperture 3.5.1 and Mavericks and NIK Collection.  NIK is aware and  has been supposedly working on it.  It should come as an automatic update.  However, you can check to see if they’ve done so by going to the Google NIK Collection website.  It is still showing OS X 10.8 as one of the requirements for Macs.  However, I have Photoshop and when edit the photo in PS and use NIK then save, I tend not to have that problem.  Curiously, as I was composing this reply, my Mac gave me a message to allow the computer to access Google Auto Updater. so maybe something is in the works???

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Gary with a big Mac's picture
by Gary with a big Mac
December 16, 2013 - 9:45pm

Some good news,

The problem appears to be fixed,

An update came through referring to iPhoto previews? Maybe this fixed the problem with aperture?

>Rafael, tks for the link

>Florian,  I have PS as well, bit of a work around but if the problem happens again will go that way, as it is, I think I will get a request do do some “eye opening”

….Gary

I have a photographic memory but never got it developed

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?