You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eject & Erase Card Option No Longer Displays After Import #1
Spartacus Capua's picture
by Spartacus Capua
September 15, 2010 - 1:44pm

Greetings!
I run Aperture 3 on an iMac running Snow Leopoard. Prior to a recent Aperture update, after importing from CF Cards I would see a message box that gave me the option to Eject Without Erasing Card or Eject and Erase Card.

For some reason, that option no longer shows. It's probably a box that was somehow unchecked but I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 15, 2010 - 2:02pm

Open Aperture->Preferences and click the General icon at the top. Then click “Reset all Warnings”.

Thomas

Frank Kurzawa's picture
by Frank Kurzawa
September 16, 2010 - 12:19am

I have no experience with a card reader and Aperture but had a very similar experience when importing from a camera after upgrading. It turns out that my iMac had changed from mounting my camera as storage and was instead mounting it as a device. If the same thing has happened to you, then you won’t be able to see your card reader in the finder (among the other storage devices).
The solution is to adjust your prefrences so that your card reader is mounted as storage and not as a device.
The same thing occurred with my iPhone as well but there doesn’t seem to be any way (any more) to mount it as storage. So for my iPhone I erase all the images from Apple’s Image Capture app.

HTH,
Frank

Frank Kurzawa

Spartacus Capua's picture
by Spartacus Capua
September 16, 2010 - 3:48am

Awesome, I Reset All Warnings and it worked.

Thanks!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness