You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Export labelling question #1
Heather's picture
by Heather
August 18, 2012 - 6:36pm

Hi

Since a lot of my images end up on my Flickr stream, I have set my Info panel to show Version Name, Headline, Caption, Keywords and Copyright.

Version Name remains the camera assigned filename (_MG_xxxx, for example). Headline, Caption and Keywords map to the equivalent panels on Flickr, when I upload using a third party plugin from Aperture.

Now, I would like to export some images to full size JPEGs. Is there a way to create a preset along the lines of (Headline)+(Caption)+(index number)?

It seems I can only create custom export filenames with certain parameters, which don't include headline and caption. Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 19, 2012 - 1:47am

Heather,

You’re not missing anything. It’s a limitation in the file naming that many of us have been clamoring for for years.

I wonder if there’s a way to AppleScript this though. Hm, I’ll ask our resident scripting export to think about it!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Heather's picture
by Heather
August 19, 2012 - 5:47pm

Ah, thanks Joseph.

I’m shooting plants, with sometimes five shots of various details, for an online catalogue. The end product is passed off to my friend as JPEG, and he didn’t want just the standard file name.

What I’m ending up doing is selecting the range of images to export, typing in (or pasting) the info I need as a custom name, and exporting from there. It would be much simpler if Aperture could do it for me. Click the button and walk away, instead of sitting here working through hundreds of exports.

Shame it’s not a paying job. =oD

Heather

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?