You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Export Projects and Albums out of Aperture #1
Danny's picture
by Danny
June 19, 2012 - 10:43am

I I am working on Aperture 3.3. I have a project (Project B) with about a dozen albums. This library has another project (Project A) with about 12,000 photos that these few hundred are taken from.

I would like to share the photos I have in the Project B albums with other people who do not use Aperture. Is there a way to export the photos while retaining the album structure? If I have to go and find each photo individually and drop them into folders in Finder this will of course take a great deal of time. Is there some way to export albums – or better yet the entire Project B – while retaining the album structure? I guess export albums into folders?

Thanks!

Danny

math lang's picture
by math lang
July 17, 2012 - 5:07am

Same here, let’s say I have a project called “Chicago” with albums within it called “loop”, “Cloudgate”, field_Museum”, etc… I would like to automatically export jpegs to folders like photos/Chicago/Loop or photos/Chicago/Field_Museum.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
July 17, 2012 - 6:05am

I don’t see where Aperture provides this. In Export, perusing the options for Subfolder Format, I don’t anything akin to ‘Album Name’ as something you can work into the exported name. A set of Projects in a single Folder looks possible, using “Folder Name”/”Project Name”.

Best I can think of for an Album is:
- Click the Album
- Select all Versions in the Album
- File -> Export -> Versions
- Set “Subfolder format” to none
- Set “Name Format” to whatever you prefer
- Navigate to your “photos” area in the Finder-like area of the Export dialog
- Use the “New Folder” button (lower left) as needed (e.g. create Chicago/Loop)
- Click “Export Versions”

You’ll have to do this per Album. But at least it’s not per Version.

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 17, 2012 - 7:09am

Unfortunately no, not for versions. You can do this for “Folders” and “projects” but not for Albums. I’m speculating here, but I think I know why - In Aperture you can have an image in as many different albums as you want. When Aperture exports, it wouldn’t know where to put the images. Interestingly, when you have Folders within projects, Aperture doesn’t show those names at export either, because folders themselves can contain albums and there’s no guarantee of where photos would be in there either.

Scott’s solution is probably the easiest without using some AppleScript or automator tricks.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?