You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Exporting from Aperture to C1 Pro AND keeping all the edits/adjustments #1
Clement Singarajah's picture
by Clement Singarajah
March 16, 2015 - 6:39am

I probably will move from Aperture to C1 soon and am trying the trial version. Although C1 does keep some of the photo adjustments made in Aperture, e.g. levels, contrast etc, it does not keep ALL the photo adjustments.

I think the only way I know (so far) to keep the photos intact with all the laborious adjustments made in Aperture is to First export from Aperture using the “Export as version” option and select one of the file formats, probably JPEG 100% no compression;  then, import these images (not an Aperture library per se) into C1.

Does anyone know of an easier way to do this,  or have  a suggestion as to what export file format to use, JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc?

Does C1 have plug ins for SmugMug or the NIK adjustement tools?

Thanks for all the information about the demise of Aperture and the options we have to replace it.

Clement

MikeA's picture
by MikeA
March 20, 2015 - 8:03am

I would not place too much emphasis and work on preserving the Aperture adjustments.

From my experience (as a Canon shooter) I have to say, that C1 does a much better job in practically all of my pictures than Aperture and therefore I want to “revisit” my older pictures anyway and re-do them completely from scratch in C1. The quality you gain will be like seeing your work in a completely new light.

You can just keep your old Aperture library around as it is and if you need a certain picture in a specific “Aperture look”, just launch Aperture and export it from there as a JPG to use. If a picture is so great that its worth looking at it again and again, do yourself a favor and develop it new in C1.

Traveller858's picture
by Traveller858
March 20, 2015 - 3:14pm

Can’t argue with that MikeA. A great way to deal with the transition. If only everyone were as positive we wouldn’t need this discussion page. 

Regards, Barry

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness