You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Exporting slideshows #1
Ruth Lathlean's picture
by Ruth Lathlean
February 18, 2012 - 2:07pm

I'm using Aperture 3.2.2. and exported a large slideshow with music to HD 1080. It took over 10 hours to export! I ended up with 2 files. The huge one over 6GB was .mov and the one about 900MB was M4v. As they both look the same on my TV through Apple TV recently installed, I don't really need the big one. I intend to do some more somewhat smaller slideshows but is there a way to stop 2 files being generated?

Ruth Lathlean

Tom McKay's picture
by Tom McKay
February 20, 2012 - 6:04am

I have found to show slide shows with AppleTV & Aperture it’s best to Export ( from top right Export button) & check the option to always show in iTunes. Then when you go to Apple TV your slides how is there as designed My most recent show was over 30 mins included music inserted videos, no problem. Quality on Pana plasma Tv was excellent.

You never have enough gear!

Ruth Lathlean's picture
by Ruth Lathlean
February 21, 2012 - 7:07am

Thanks for your comment Tom. My slideshow works well with music (42 min) but I hope I don’t get 2 files next time I do it. I suspect the one at 1080 size would not play on Apple TV so a smaller 720 one was generated from it.

Ruth Lathlean

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 22, 2012 - 8:39am

Ruth,

I’m not sure why you’d get two files… is this the option you selected [screenshot]? And yes, a 1080p file would NOT play on the Apple TV. Is the smaller one 720p? It must be if you’re able to play it on the Apple TV. But I’m stumped to why you’d get two files automatically if you selected the “HD 1080p” output.

If the goal is to get it to the AppleTV, then you should export using the “Apple TV, iPad (720p)” preset.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness