You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
File extension on Aperture icon #1
Patricia Hansen's picture
by Patricia Hansen
July 30, 2012 - 10:05pm

I've just re-read the article on Unified Library to update my understanding of how this feature works between iphoto and Aperture. I noticed the reference to the library icons states that they now look the same. To distinguish between them iphoto has no extension, but Aperture does i.e. Aperture.aplibrary.

Mine doesn't show this Aperture extension although the program itself works well and the picture is the same for both aps. Plus I'm able to switch between the two libraries satisfactorily.

I'm now on Aperture 3.3.2 and iphoto 9.3.2 but not Mountain Lion yet. Still a bit afraid to update – should I be, or not?

I'd really appreciate it if someone can explain why my Aperture Library icon doesn't have an extension.

Thanks
Patricia

Patricia Hansen

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 31, 2012 - 7:00am

Patricia,

Unless you have “Show all filename extensions” enabled in the Finder Preferences [screenshot], then you wouldn’t see the .aplibrary extension unless you go File > Get Info on the Library, in which case you would see it listed there [screenshot].

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 31, 2012 - 7:00am

Oh, and we have had virtually no Mountain Lion upgrade issues posted, so I think it’s safe to upgrade!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Patricia Hansen's picture
by Patricia Hansen
July 31, 2012 - 8:43pm

Thanks for your quick response, Joe. Did what you suspected what the problem might be, and Bingo I now have the extension showing on my Aperture library file. Glad to hear that there’ve been hardly any ML upgrade issues reported. Gives me confidence to now go ahead and upgrade. Appreciate your help. Also, congratulations on your wedding; would love to see some of the photographs.

Patricia

Patricia Hansen

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?