You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Full Screen or Standard Screen #1
Chris Mielke's picture
by Chris Mielke
October 28, 2012 - 12:19am

I have seen the latest Macbook Pro advertisements that show Aperture often in Full Screen mode. I myself don't predominately use Aperture in this mode. I have almost always worked exclusively in Standard Screen. After seeing those commercials I've decided to experiment using Aperture in Full Screen mode. Since I'm a schizo on my computer liking to jump around to many different open screens I gave Aperture it's own Full Screen Desktop for me to work from. So far it's working for me. I don't love it yet, but it's worth it to me to keep using it to see if it grows on me.

So how many operate Aperture in full screen mode or just the standard screen.

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
October 28, 2012 - 2:17am

If I’m doing critical editing I use full screen for the extra space, but if organising you need to go back as several functions are missing.

d.

d.

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
October 28, 2012 - 2:31am

I am fortunate to have dual screen.

If I am working heavily on a project then I work with aperture on full screen on one side with a large preview on the other.

I am like David though, if I am importing and organising a project then I work in standard mode. On the other screen is Pocket Planes, or BBC iPlayer.

I find it so much more convenient to work this way.

Chris Mielke's picture
by Chris Mielke
October 28, 2012 - 2:51am

@Chris I have looked at getting two monitors for awhile, but have never pulled the plug. I travel too much and need a laptop. Did you end up getting two the same monitor or do you have one premium monitor for critical work and another for standard “desktop” work?

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
October 28, 2012 - 2:59am

I have a mac mini at home and purchased 2 identical monitors, I could have spent more on a single premium monitor but I really wanted dual screen. I think when the time comes I will purchase a single better monitor and then upgrade the second one at a later date.

I need to have identical monitors, I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to things like that.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 30, 2012 - 2:13am

My primary system is a 27ʺ iMac plus a 24ʺ LED Cinema display. The colors aren’t identical but they are very close, and I’m one of those who don’t calibrate. Seeing the image slightly differently gives me a little more “real world” view, since no two monitors out there are alike, and I figure if I like the image on both screens, then the odds are decent that it’ll look good on someone else’s screen, too.

I very rarely work full screen. Probably the only time is if I’m doing an over-the-shoulder client review, and put the thumbnails on the 24 and the viewer on the 27. I navigate largely by keyboard shortcuts and the clients thing they’re seeing magic when they say things like “can I see these two side by side”, or “let me see all six of those… OK get rid of that one”.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness