You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
"The game's afoot" #1
Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
July 16, 2013 - 11:03pm

Apple just announced….Logic Pro X. Seems Apple is showing they're serious about their pro app's…. What's next?

http://www.cultofmac.com/235853/apple-announces-logic-pro-x-with-new-fea…

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 16, 2013 - 11:38pm

Yes … movement in the right direction … It will be interesting to see how early adopters fare … I’m sure Apple went to great lengths to avoid the issues that were problematic with FCP X …

Also noticed this: On Apple pricing policy

Which isn’t bad news … if a truly well-done new version of Aperture is offered … I wouldn’t mind it being priced similarly …

Regardless … the future is looking a bit more defined for Apple pro apps …

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
July 16, 2013 - 11:49pm

I have a couple of iTunes cards locked ‘n loaded, ready for when Aperture X is released. I have no problem paying full price for an updated version of Aperture.

Yeah…I personally think the next version of Aperture will be called Aperture X - to keep in line with the naming convention they’ve used for the other pro app’s.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 17, 2013 - 1:02am

Just did a drive by in the Apple Support Community … seems Logic Pro X is 64 bit only (not sure that means 64 bit OS or 64 bit audio) … a few users are concerned bout plugins that don’t yet have 64 bit support … and it requires OS X 10.8.4 or newer …

That may be why Apple recently updated the Aperture SDK to offer third party developers the time to get up to speed ahead of release … (*fingers crossed*)

I would think the next iteration of Aperture may also have the same OS requirement … unless it is released after Mavericks … so I guess we need to plan accordingly …

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?