You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
General Preset Questions #1
mj15's picture
by mj15
September 2, 2011 - 10:18am

Hello. With the mask used to create the nice grain in the “looks” preset pack (or any mask used for that matter) would there ever be an issue where the mask won't be large enough for the size of the photo and/or aspect ratio? I must admit, I don't fully understand what you've got going on behind the scenes.

Also, I noticed that when I assigned a key combination to one of the presets, when applying it, it removes other adjustments (for example, cropping). When choosing the preset from the drop-down, it doesn't overwrite existing adjustments. Did I do something wrong here or is it just a nuance of Aperture? Might have something to do with the fact that my key combo is OPTION+COMMAND+1

Thanks,
mj

mj15's picture
by mj15
September 5, 2011 - 10:30pm

… guess using OPTION is a bad idea as a key combo for a preset. It is also the key used to “replace adjustments”.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 21, 2011 - 8:21am

MJ,

Yes that’s right… OPTION replaces the previous presets :)

As to the first question, yes that will happen. As is outlined in the included document and on the purchase website, these are designed for the highest available resolution files on dSLRs today, which was I think 21Megapixel when I made them. Definitely if you apply to a larger file, you’ll see no texture applied beyond that maximum dimension.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?