You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
generate projects by date #1
Russell Gum's picture
by Russell Gum
December 23, 2012 - 2:48am

I want to regenerate my projects by date instead of the way they are currently. Is there any way to do this without exporting all the photos and then reimporting them?

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
December 24, 2012 - 2:18am

If you are trying to re-order your projects in the inspector by date, change the project name to something like120615_party (year month day name). Your project list will reorder.
Open a file in the project and check the metadata to establish a date.
Single click the project name and add the date setup in front of the existing name.

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

Russell Gum's picture
by Russell Gum
December 24, 2012 - 4:14am

The problem is that I have one project with multiple dates that I would like an easy way to transform into multiple projects, one for each date. If I export the files and then reimport them with the right boxes checked, Aperture will do this. I was hoping there might be a better way.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
December 24, 2012 - 6:03am

Not sure of the size of your one, large project. If the date range isn’t too wide, in your current project, use the filter to only display photos for a specified date. Select them all, create a new project, and drag the selected photos into it. Repeat for each date you want to separate out.

Doesn’t scale well, but if you only need to tease apart a week or two worth of photos, it may be the most expedient way.

-scott

Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
December 25, 2012 - 12:27am

You could also do this with an AppleScript - if I were to write it, I would dump all of the photos in one directory and have the script examine the dates of the photos, create new folders if they don’t exist, and move the photos to the appropriate folder.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
December 28, 2012 - 7:39am

Display the project in list view, then click the date column to sort by date. Then select all the photos for a given date, and File > New Project, give it a name, and check the box that says to include the selected images in the project.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness