You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting photos into iPad from computer #1
Ruth Lathlean's picture
by Ruth Lathlean
April 4, 2012 - 8:21pm

I have just bought the new iPad and am finding it a very steep learning curve. What is the best way to get photos from the computer into the iPad? I tried syncing with iTunes but when I wanted some from different libraries in both Aperture and iPhoto all the ones already on had to be deleted. I read Joseph that you put yours in a folder and synced that. Where do you put the folder? On the desktop? And can it contain photos from iPhoto as well as Aperture?

Then I got the app PhotoSync but am unsure how to work it. Do I have to get another version to put on the computer? I have also used dropbox to move photos but then they have to be saved individually as favourites if one wants them available offline. This is a slow business if you have a lot. I also have iPhoto on the iPad but it's hard to understand too. Hope someone can help!

Ruth Lathlean

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
April 4, 2012 - 10:03pm

I created a folder named Aperture Portfolio in my home directory. I export the pictures from Aperture into that folder then sync to that folder in iTunes. When you choose the pictures tab in iTunes you go to Choose folder then link to the portfolio folder.

Milt

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 5, 2012 - 3:29am

Ruth,

What Milt said ;-)

I have a folder called “ Photos” which lives in Dropbox, so the folder is synced across all computers. I export photos into that folder, and then they sync to my iPad using what Milt described; in iTunes, select that folder to sync, instead of selecting Aperture or iPhoto. Works perfectly!

I’m planning a video training on iPhoto for iOS but it’ll be a while… I have others to finish first.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?