You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Going from managed to Referenced #1
Dan Scherber's picture
by Dan Scherber
August 25, 2011 - 7:06am

My library has steadily grown and has become unwieldy at just over 700 gb. I plan to keep my raw files on a 2tb external while keeping my library, previews, etc on the internal drive. I plan to update my vault tonight and have a current time machine back up before I make the move. Any tips, tricks, or warnings before doing so?

Thanks,

Dan

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
August 25, 2011 - 7:22am

Hi Dan….I just did something similar. First off, good plan wrt your vaults and having time machine. That being said, the only gotcha I hit was making sure the *project* was highlighted when relocating the masters. At first, I was doing a select all and relocating. But if I forgot to open all stacks, or clear filters, I’d miss some files. I’ve got some menu screen caps on my blog that give you the visual clue you’ve got it right.

I’d also recommend having a smart album that looks for any photos that have the file status as “managed”. Once you think you’re done, check the smart album - it should be empty.

Good luck,
-scott

Dan Scherber's picture
by Dan Scherber
August 25, 2011 - 8:33am

Thanks Scott, I would have never thought about my stacked photos! Good tip. Thanks again.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?