You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
HDR Efex Pro 2 and Aperture 3.4.1 #1
Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
October 27, 2012 - 2:09am

Seems that HDR Efex Pro 2 and Aperture 3.4.1 don't play nice in the sandbox. When the finished image from HDR Efex is imported back into Aperture, the images become corrupted. The only fix is to restart Aperture. Nik blames the 3.4.1 update.

Hopefully Apple is addressing this.

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
November 3, 2012 - 2:41am

FYI, 3.4.2 doesn’t fix the problem, but I think I figured out the cause. I installed ML and Aperture on a separate external drive along with HDR Efex Pro 2. What I didn’t do is to run Repair Disk Permissions (I did this on the installation of AR and HDR Efex on my current drive). HDR Efex runs fine and doesn’t cause any image corruption on reimporting back into AR.

Seems that Repair Disk Permissions “fixes” stuff that doesn’t need fixing and screws stuff up.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 27, 2012 - 2:59am

Charles,

After restarting, does the image come back, or do you mean that the next image will work fine (not get corrupted)?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
October 27, 2012 - 3:29am

For clarification, the display of all of he images is corrupted See the image on this post (https://discussions.apple.com/message/19279595#19279595).

Restarting Aperture corrects it.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 27, 2012 - 3:36am

At least it comes back, so that’s more a graphics card issue it seems.

Is anyone else seeing this?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 27, 2012 - 3:57am

I haven’t used HDR Efex Pro 2 for awhile so when I saw this I decided to try it. I saw the same type of corrupted image as linked above.

I noticed HDR Efex Pro 2 was not up to date so I then updated it to 2.003 (I was using 2.000). I wouldn’t say that fixed it but it doesn’t do the same thing. It now sometimes just has a blank white image. I can get it back sometimes by clicking Revert to Original. And when making adjustments I see a small green square temporarily appear on the image just below left of center.

FYI:
Mac Pro 2008 (Dual quad core 2.8GHz) with ATI Radeon HD 5870, MacOS 10.8.2 and Aperture 3.4.1.

Thomas

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 27, 2012 - 4:09am

I agree with Nik. It is an Aperture 3.4.1 issue.

Thomas

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
October 28, 2012 - 2:25am

fwiw I’m on 3.4.1 and am really pleased with HDR Efex Pro 2 - nothing like this. I note too that the original complainers were running Aperture 3.3.2 and later ones report that Photoshop CS6 does the same think. Quite a coincidence…

d.

d.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness