You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How about some announcements from extension builders? #1
Kajima's picture
by Kajima
May 6, 2015 - 4:35pm

The photos beta was out for several months, and now the full release is out, yet it’s still crickets from Apple and other companies on what the plans will be for extensions.  I’m sticking with Aperture until something decent comes out for Photos.  First choice would be a port to the Nik collection, but I’d take anything with selective editing at this point.  Some nice custom presets to replace the ones I bought for Aperture would be wonderful as well.

Have any companies announced release dates for Photos extensions?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 6, 2015 - 11:21pm
Apple hasn’t released the SDK yet so no one can make plans other than to say “we’ll do it!” as MacPhun has. I would hazard a guess that we’ll hear more at WWDC.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kajima's picture
by Kajima
May 7, 2015 - 1:07am

Thanks.  Didn’t realize the sdks wasn’t out yet.  Would be nice if Apple would show a little more leg with the roadmap.

Kajima's picture
by Kajima
June 10, 2015 - 8:50pm

Well, it’s out now, and they say there will be extensions.  Let’s hear from the app companies now!

AdreL's picture
by AdreL
June 21, 2015 - 2:39pm

Macphun Tonality Pro v1.2 is out and claims to work with Apple Photos.   Presumably we still have to wait for Apple to make a link to the appropriate plug-in (Photos update?), otherwise we are left with the clunky manual export/import action, is that right, please?  I’m still with Aperture for my Aperture library, although I have copied my iPhotos library to Photos.

Andre

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?