You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to change the locations of photos already in the Photos library? #1
CK's picture
by CK
April 9, 2015 - 8:06pm

If I uncheck “Copy items to the Photos library”, I understand that I can manage outside photo files in the Photos app.

If I want to “relocate” photo files that are already in the Photos library, how can I do? This was possible in Aperture. 

Alex U's picture
by Alex U
April 9, 2015 - 10:30pm

As we see in the settings of Photos nothing is really possible. Photos is a very weak program that should by no means be compared to Aperture. See it as a fully separate low function tool. By no means I would try to migrate to Photos when it is not fully clear where the files are stored. Some actions might be irreversible.

Best regards, Alex

Michael Paolantonio's picture
by Michael Paolantonio
April 14, 2015 - 7:51pm

This is a big one for me, too–there just doesn’t seem to be a way to do it.  I’ve been testing LR and Capture One, and using their import functions to download my cards, and then adding to Photos once the files are where I want them.  But at that point, what’s the point?

I used Aperture (Apple RAW) because it gave me color (and skin tones) that I liked from the sensors that I use (Sony).  Losing Aperture has felt like losing a favorite film.  Apple RAW is still buried beneath Photos, but issues like this make it very impractical for anything other than iPhone shots.  I’ll keep watching it, but I’ve switched sensors (Fuji) because I like how LR handles the files.   The past two months have been traumatic.

Alex U's picture
by Alex U
April 14, 2015 - 8:05pm

Did you read in the other thread where Philip claims that Apple wants to develop Photos quickly to be a real Aperture whatever …

Best regards, Alex

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness