You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to create a Smart Album with Last Date Modified #1
Don Truett's picture
by Don Truett
April 19, 2014 - 6:22pm

Smart Album with Modified Date

I am trying to set up a smart album that shows photos I have modified after a certain date. While I can see this in the Info tab of the Inspector, I can’t find it anywhere under the choices for EXIFIPTC, etc. In the Info tab I customized the view with some data from EXIF, some from IPTC, and the Last Modified Date is under the “Aperture” choices (see screenshot). Anyone know how to make this work? In the Smart Album additional choices, it’s not underAdjustments, Aperture Metadata, EXIFIPTC, or any other place I look.

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
April 19, 2014 - 10:42pm

I agree, it doesn’t appear in the list of items under Find’s Aperture criteria or any others, at least as far as I can tell. In fact, the two lists don’t match up in other places as well…some are understandable (rating, labels, flag), others not so much.

A clumsy workaround is to add the Last Modified Date field to list view, then sort on that field. 

Time for a feature request via the Provide Aperture Feedback menu item?

Don Truett's picture
by Don Truett
April 20, 2014 - 6:25pm

Agreed, and thanks for the tip. I wonder how many have added “Give me Aperture 4 or X, already!” to the feedback. I started on Macs in 1990 and have become fed up with the iDirection the company has taken and the lack of support for the Mac and its apps!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness