You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to filter based on Exposure Mode? #1
iHarley's picture
by iHarley
May 29, 2012 - 3:54am

I like to shoot HDR (Don't judge me! :) ) and on most every shoot I snap some brackets to play with. Then normally I go into my project search for the succession of 5 shots with differing EV values, label them, then make a smart label based on their keyword. What I'd like to do is automate this to some extent. Since I shoot my brackets using the auto bracketing feature of my GF2 I was hoping I could just filter based on that Exposure Mode, as that's what all my brackets show for Exposure Mode.

Setting the filter for EXIF and Exposure Mode Is Auto Bracket filtered out every image that had Exposure Mode as Auto Bracket showing all the photos without Auto Bracket. But if I change the value of Exposure Mode from “Is” to “is not empty and is not” then I get my brackets only showing. So this seems counter intuitive to me. Is this how it's supposed to work or is this a glitch?

Also, why can't I make a smart album based on this? When I set one up it doesn't filter anything out. And when I close it and edit the Smart Album again it has the value of “0” instead of Auto Bracket.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 30, 2012 - 5:16am

Iain,

I had to read that five times to understand… please use more “quotes” next time, or bold markings, where appropriate. Thanks ;-)

That’s a new bug to me. I dug into it a bit more, and it seems you can set anything you want in the “Exposure mode > is > ___” and get a certain result. Change that to “is not” and the result swaps. See this: [screenshot].

Sounds like a bug.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness