You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to Jump to the Beginning, or End? #1
Steve Jackson's picture
by Steve Jackson
August 8, 2011 - 7:39pm

Does anyone know how to quickly jump to the first, or the last, photo in a Project or Album (in Lion)? Where there's a lot of content, scrolling can be a bit tedious. I'm looking for an equivalent of the Windows Ctrl-Home/ Ctrl-End keyboard combo, for the small iMac keyboard.

Cheers

Steve

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 9, 2011 - 2:10am

Steve,

Tapping Home or End (fn-down and fn-up) will take you to the top or bottom of the list. It won’t select that first or last photo, but it’ll take you there.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Steve Jackson's picture
by Steve Jackson
August 9, 2011 - 10:20pm

Great, thks Joseph.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 17, 2012 - 6:07am

Steve,

I just compared Aperture 3.2.4 to 3.3. I think I wrote the wrong keyboard shortcuts before; fn-up and fn-down are page up and page down; fn-left and fn-right should be the home and end.

In split view, fn-up and fn-down don’t do anything, since you can’t scroll up or down.

fn-left and fn-right do in fact go to the top (home) and bottom (end), and they also do in fact select the first or last image. However, this happens in 3.2.4 as well, so that functionality must have changed somewhere else along the line.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Seamus's picture
by Seamus
April 8, 2013 - 4:57pm

Many thanks for the tips. :)

Steve Jackson's picture
by Steve Jackson
June 16, 2012 - 11:35am

I wonder if this is a v3.3 change: fn-left arrow/cursor takes you to the first photo in Browser or Split View mode; fn-right arrow/cursor takes you immediately to the last. I’m sure it did not do this before, hence my question in Aug ‘11.

fn-down and fn-up seem to work as before.

Steve

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness