You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to separate duplicate image from original? #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
April 22, 2013 - 11:09am

Is this possible? I want to make a copy of an image and put it in a different Project, but when I move one, the other goes with it. I unstacked, I made a new version from original, and I tried whatever other options there were, but I can't get the two images separated from each other even though they look separated physically. If this can be done would someone please tell me how? TIA!

~Debbie

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
April 22, 2013 - 1:23pm

When you create a 2nd version of an image, you still only have one original that both versions point to. All versions of a particular original must be in the same project. To get an image in more than one project, you must Copy it so that you have two originals - one in each project.

Move is the standard behavior when dragging an image from one project to another. In order to Copy, hold down the option key and you’ll see the green + symbol appear as you drag to the new project. Don’t let go of the option key until after you drop the image on the new project.

The option key invokes the copy function during drag and drop in many apps in MacOS X including the Finder.

Thomas

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
April 22, 2013 - 1:41pm

Thanks so much, Thomas! I get it now. I knew how to copy in Finder, but didn’t realize it worked the same way in Aperture. I’ve been frustrated for so long and now wish I’d asked here a long time ago.

~Debbie

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness