You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to update previous vault? #1
Steve Benkovich's picture
by Steve Benkovich
September 8, 2012 - 4:21am

Hi
I've created a vault. It is about 200g and it took 3.5 days to be created. I've upgraded to the latest version of aperture, but not mountain lion yet. Now several weeks after creating my first and only vault I'm trying to update with all my new images. So I clicked on update and the frightening pop up came up that stated it would replace all of my images. Sometime back I remember reading about clicking go ahead, so I did. Now it's taking way to long. At the bottom of the program next to the spinning wheel I get the notice copying originals. This seems wrong. Everything I've read says that it should take a lot shorter time to update. Considering I have about 600 new images to add the copying process should be shorter. As of now it's been 3 hours.
Whats going on?

Steve Benkovich

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 12, 2012 - 11:06am

Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. You’re right, it should not take that long the second time around, and I’m actually not sure what the “replace images” is all about. I don’t believe I’ve seen that before. Perhaps though it has to do with the new version of Aperture (did you go from pre-3.3 to post 3.3 in this update?). It could be that Aperture has an entirely new Vault structure and basically has to recreate it from scratch.

Considering that I was unable to make a new vault at all between 3.3 and 3.3.1, I’m not that surprised. Since 3.3.2 I could finally make a Vault.

Your message is a few days old, so where are you with it now?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Steve Benkovich's picture
by Steve Benkovich
September 13, 2012 - 10:28am

Thanks for getting to me. The vault seemed to update. It took about 18 hours though. I was reading some posts and some on this blog update the vault every time they add new projects. I think I’ll try this.
Steve Benkovich

Steve Benkovich

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness