You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to use Color Adjustment (not monochrome) #1
bob william's picture
by bob william
October 20, 2012 - 12:54am

I've searched the FAQs on this and found nothing.

I'd like to be able to put 'spots of color' onto an image which has NOT BEEN CONVERTED TO GRAYSCALE in its entirety which the Black and White adjustment does ( I do use this option but it only allows a native color to be restored on top of the grayscale, not the introduction of a whole new color onto a still otherwise color image ).

I have used the adjustment 'Color Monochrome' which is NOT what I'd like in that it puts a color cast over the entire image not just onto a selected part of the image.

I'd like to take a regular color image and re-color, say a stone column in that image, WITHOUT changing any other of the colors in the image. I've tried to use the adjustment simply called “Color” but after opening it I've tried all sorts of combinations of 'click on color', 'brush in adjustment', 'change hue and other sliders' but none do what I've described.

I've looked online for Aperture tutorials on this and have found nothing. Is this possible to accomplish ? If so how does one do it ? Thanks to all who might respond.

Bob

Bob S.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
October 20, 2012 - 1:15am

The ‘Color’ adjustment is for adjusting hue/luminance/etc of color ranges in the image.

You mention ‘Color Monochrome’, but only applying to the entire image. Did you try brushing in that adjustment where you want it? Or that didn’t give you the effect you wanted? That wasn’t clear from your post.

bob william's picture
by bob william
October 20, 2012 - 2:22am

Scott

Thanks for the insight.

However, I kept playing around with other software on my Mac and found I could do exactly what I wanted using an app called Colorstrokes. I had been using it regularly to superimpose spot color on an image converted to grayscale but finally figured out how to keep the native background image color and then put my chosen color on a given object in the image. It does require working outside of Aperture and re-importing the image but the results are cool.

Thank you again.

Bob S.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?