You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How well does Aperture's Flickr Uploader work? #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
December 5, 2011 - 6:01am

Hi all, I desperately need to start uploading my Aperture photos to Flickr again after over a year of ignoring them. I wasn't happy with the A3 built-in Flickr Uploader for some reason, maybe because the constant syncing seemed to slow down A3 for me? Can't remember now. I tried Connected Flow's Uploader a few months ago and liked it, but the demo has expired and I'm not sure if it's worth the $21 to purchase?

Is there anyone here who's happy with the built in Flickr uploader in Aperture? Does it make A3 sluggish for you, or does it work seamlessly? Can we separate the photos from their A3 Flickr album once they're in Flickr without causing syncing problems? I like to make my own sets and collections once my photos are in Flickr.

Anyway, trying to make a decision here so I can get on top of these photos. I like to use Flickr as one of my off site backups. TIA!

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
December 5, 2011 - 6:06am

I personally coughed up the the cash, I did not like the way Aperture was sync’ing images to Flickr.

I have never found a way that suited my workflow needs with the inbuilt flickr sync.

There might be a away but for the sake of £14, I could not be bothered looking any further.

Kathryn W.'s picture
by Kathryn W.
December 5, 2011 - 3:15pm

I don’t really care for either of the built-in A3 uploaders (for Flickr or Facebook) and since purchasing the Connected Flow uploader over a year ago, I’ve never looked back.

Kathryn

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?