You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have two buggy things happening... #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 16, 2011 - 8:00am

Hi! I have two buggy things happening and I'm wondering why?

First, in the Import box I have File Info checked so that the box with this info shows in the Import area, but the box is always empty. No file names, nothing, no matter where I'm importing from. Camera card, iPhone, Finder… with any of these I see no file info. I swear I used to. I even tried unchecking all photos during my last import, and then checking the box under just one photo, but nothing, still blank.

Secondly, I've been comparing notes with a friend who's also learning and using A3 recently, and I saw in one of her screenshots that she can hover over a project in the Library Inspector and it will highlight in black just like when we bring up tool tips. I can't do that. I do have “show tool tips” enabled in prefs and use it in other places, but it doesn't work here, and also doesn't work in the edit box for presets or metadata if I hover over the file name I've created so that I can see the whole thing. Hmmm… should these things be working for me? Could it be because I use a pen tablet rather than a mouse, and somehow the pen isn't connecting everywhere I hover with it? Just thinking out loud here.

TIA!

~Debbie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 16, 2011 - 8:25am

Debbie,

For the first one, there’s only info if an image is actually selected in the Import window. Are you sure you have something selected?

Second, I don’t see a tooltip on the Library names, either. I assume you’re looking for a tooltip popup over names that are too long to fit in the Inspector width? If you could share the screenshot you’re looking at, I’d appreciate it.

I also don’t get one in the filename presets.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 16, 2011 - 10:20am

Joseph, I definitely had a photo selected in the Import window. It was from my Canon S95.

About the tooltips, I thought I had seen you pop up the full file name in the preset box by hovering over the name in one of your videos. It was your long Import name you create. Hmmm… I’ll have to go re-watch it.

If you don’t get the pop-up for the Project name, then I won’t worry about it. I thought I had a bug. I’m still confounded as to how she got it though? Maybe she has the bug? ;)

I’m not sure I know how to attach a screenshot here or I’d have been doing that all along.

Thanks…

~Debbie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 16, 2011 - 10:41am

Debbie,

Oh I misunderstood… I thought you meant not seeing the tooltip name in the name editor; I didn’t realize you were talking about the import dialog again. You mean this, right? [screenshot]

Sounds like you should trash the preferences. Quit Aperture, go to ~/Library/Preferences and move the file com.apple.Aperture.plist to the desktop, and relaunch Aperture. See if that solves it. If so, you’ll need to reset the rest of your preferences back they way they were.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 16, 2011 - 11:10am

That box in the screenshot is the one where all the fields were empty, but I just checked again and was able to see info in those fields from photos in Finder even though earlier today they were empty when I was importing from my camera card. Interesting.

But, the file name I couldn’t get to pop up when hovering is in the File Naming box where you create your file name by dragging up the different boxes like Image Date, etc. In the Example box that shows the name you’re creating, I can’t hover over that and bring up the whole name, which I was sure I saw you do in your videos.

Anyway, I’ll try looking at photos on my camera card again before I trash the plist since I was just able to see the File Info with Finder photos. Maybe I’ll check my iPhone again too.

Thanks!

~Debbie

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness