has anyone activated iCloud Photo Library on their iOS device? I am curious about a few things. I know it does not directly interact with Mac devices yet, but here are some questions.
- Since it says “Automatically upload and store your entire library in iCloud…” would this include images synced into iOS from Aperture via iTunes?
- Since it does not sync to Aperture would you download images from the device into Aperture like before?
- How does Aperture manage edits done in iOS?
- Since iPL syncs images across iOS devices when you connect one device do you end up importing for all devices?
- similarly, if as in my fist point, iTunes synced Aperture images end up being part of the iPL will Aperture recognize them as duplicates when you connect the device for import?
I hope these questions make sense.
Once you activate iCloud Photo Library, you can no longer sync photos via iTunes. I recall my iPad warning me that enabling iCloud Photo Library would remove photos synced from iTunes.
Here’s an Apple FAQ for iCloud Photo Library although it doesn’t specifically address your question it does answer a bunch of others.
I’ve been playing with photos on my wife’s account!
Aperture ignores edits done in iOS photos as you might imagine as if there was a way of rendering Photos for iOS in OS X it would be Photos.