After having read a few reviews about the 10.7.3 Photos app, i’m still unsure, whether iCloud Photo storage is an all or nothing approach.
I.e. you can tell Photos to use iCloud Photo storage and then decide to either store your whole library on iCloud or store a local copy on your Mac as well. I assume most members don’t even think about storing all their photos on iCloud due to the size of their library.
So what happens, if you agree to use iCloud storage and decide to store a local copy on your Mac as well but your Library is exceeding the size of your iCloud storage volume?
- Will it simply do not use iCloud storage at all?
- Will it upload to iCloud until your volume is full?
- What part gets uploaded? The newest only, the oldest only, a user defined selection?
- Is this process dynamic, aka will iCloud delete the oldest pictures, when new ones are added to the Library (and probably replacing an older one to make space)?
- Are image adjustments on photos, that are not on iCloud, still synced to other devices? Is that image then pushed to iCloud?
- Can you tell Photos not to upload the RAWs to iCloud?
- Can you share your local Library (on a NAS) between Macs? At least the RAWs? And still have your adjustments sync between the Macs?
Well, a lot of questions …