You are here

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Icons With Aperture 3.3 Are Gray. #1
Stuart's picture
by Stuart
June 12, 2012 - 8:55am

I have noticed after upgrading to 3.3 all the Icons are now gray. Even Projects, Folder and son on are gray. Looked in preferences to see if there was any way to change to color, but found nothing. Does anyone think this is a glitch with the current upgrade?

Stu

jean paulo's picture
by jean paulo
July 2, 2012 - 5:43am

who want to use the interface colored aperture aperture 3.2 in 3.3 see this tutorial. http://zulk.com.br/2012/06/20/mudar-a-interface-monocromatica-para-color…

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 12, 2012 - 9:00am

No, I don’t think it is a glitch … it was listed in the news items that they re-designed the icons …

I’m not sure if I like it or not, I always thought the old icons were a bit too bold and tiny bit cartoonish for a “pro” app … though totally colorless may not have been the way to go … if the colors of the icons were a little muted would have been a good compromise …

Stuart's picture
by Stuart
June 12, 2012 - 9:33am

Butch,

You dare correct. I must have missed that.

Went back and reread the upgrades and sure enough it was stated:

“Newly designed monochrome source list and toolbar icons”

Oh well I will just have to get use to the new look.

Stu

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
June 12, 2012 - 11:55am

I’ve check updates on my computer and it doesn’t list any new update!

Bob

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 12, 2012 - 12:04pm

You have to be running OS X Lion 10.7.4 for it to show up … Aperture 3.3 won’t work on any system version prior to that …

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
June 12, 2012 - 12:06pm

Oh Man, I’ve been putting off upgrading to Lion, now I have too!! Yikes,

Bob

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
June 12, 2012 - 12:44pm

Bob, might want to hold off until July. $19 will get you Mountain Lion, if you’re starting at Snow Leopard that is.

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
June 12, 2012 - 1:17pm

I’m running 10.6.8, Looks like I can go right to Mountain Lion. Thanks for the heads up! Definitely worth the wait.

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
June 12, 2012 - 2:05pm

They have also changed the flag icon on a picture as well.

I think the colourless icons fall inline with Lion’s colourless icons.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 12, 2012 - 9:45pm

If you purchased Aperture from the the Mac App Store it will show up … but will not install unless you have updated the system to 10.7.4 … if you are running 10.7.3 or prior … it’s a no-go …

Interesting point is … the app store updates are delta updates … which means the download is only the code that has changed since the prior installed version instead of the entire app … If I recall correctly, v3.2.4 was only 60-70MB … v3.3 was over 550MB … that’s a lot of new code … so it makes sense they added/corrected much more than retina display support …

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness