You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Identifying applied adjustment presets #1
George Flash's picture
by George Flash
June 11, 2012 - 3:04am

I just started using adjustment presets in Aperture 3. I love them. I've created my own presets and use presets from other other people. My problem now is that unless I write down the name of the preset that I applied, there is no was telling which one was applied to the photo. Question that I ask myself now: “Did I apply Apple's built in “Toy Camera” preset or was it my own creation of the “Dragan” effect? I don't remember.” and “What is this script for again? I don't remember. I wish I could add notes to the script.”

Is there a solution in Aperture 3, an Applescript or anything else that can answer any of these questions?

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
June 11, 2012 - 4:39am

Disclaimer: I’m not an AppleScript person, but this question intrigued me, so attempting an answer.

I’m not aware of any way built into Aperture that you can tell what Preset was applied. A Preset is a collection of adjustments, and more often than not a starting point for adjusting an image. Point being, the final adjustment to an image are usually not an exact match to a Preset used (at least that’s my experience).

Now, that being said, AppleScript is a good possibility. On Page 19 of the Aperture 3 ApplieScript Reference (Google that phrase, you’ll find it), there’s an example of applying a Preset to one or more selected images. In addition to applying the Preset, a script could add a keyword to the image. Use the name of the Preset as the keyword, and you’d have a mechanism for tagging images with the Preset(s) applied.

Your workflow would need to change to apply Presets via AppleScript to keep everything aligned. And of course…you’d need a script coded up :)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness