You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import iPhone GPS Data Broken with iPhone 4 #1
Simon Abrams's picture
by Simon Abrams
August 3, 2010 - 12:34pm

I’ve seen a couple of posts on the Apple Discussion boards about this, but wanted to throw it out there for broader feedback. When I click the Import iPhone GPS data button to add location data from my iPhone 4 to photos in my Aperture library, all I get is an empty sheet with a grayed-out OK button. None of the photos from the iPhone show up in the dialog box, no matter how long I wait; not only that, the spinner that usually appears while the images are being analyzed never shows up either.

This feature used to work fine with my iPhone 3G… just wondering if others have seen similar behavior. Oh, the pain of being an early adopter.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 20, 2010 - 1:08am

Simon,

I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 and I can confirm that I *do* see the images on the iPhone when loaded in Places: GPS > Import GPS from iPhone Photos…. Sounds like an iPhone 4 specific issue.

This original question is a bit old; have you tried since Apple updated iOS 4?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 21, 2010 - 8:40am

Same thing happens for me. iPhone 4 doesn’t show any photos in the Import GPS from iPhone window. I have the latest iOS 4.02 as of today. I just tried my old iPhone 3G with iOS 3.13 and it works fine. With iPhone 3G you see the gear spin and then the photos appear. With iPhone 4 there is no gear and no photos.

Thomas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 4, 2010 - 12:41pm

Simon,

I don’t have an iPhone 4 yet (waiting for the white one… ha!) so I can’t confirm this myself. But it sounds like if you’re seeing it on the Apple boards, then it’s a known issue. I’m sure Apple is working on a fix. I’d guess it’s an iPhone OS issue, not an Aperture issue. Bummer!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Simon Abrams's picture
by Simon Abrams
August 9, 2010 - 3:28am

Sounds likely. I wonder if anyone’s having this problem on 3GS updated to iOS 4, though. I know - maybe if I steal my wife’s and update the firmware… hmm… wish me luck.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness